The Administrative Committee of the Environmental Fund (CAFA) is its highest body, defines internal policies, guidelines and procedures for the management and operation of the Fund.
The CAFA is a collegiate body composed of the following members:
- The Metropolitan Secretary of Environment, representing the Metropolitan Mayor of Quito, who presides;
- A Councilperson representative of the Metropolitan Council of Quito;
- A representative of the Chambers of Production (Industry, Small Industry, Tourism, Trade)
- A representative of civil society;
- A representative of the zonal environmental coordination;
- A representative of the Metropolitan Financial Management;
- A representative of the Metropolitan Health Directorate.